Thursday, March 01, 2007

New Year & Barbecue

Hey peeps!

Guess what. I just escaped from a frightening Chemistry test – in my dreamland, again. I was really anxious prior to the test. Nevertheless, I received a nature’s call to wake up and pee! Thanks to the large amount of water that I drank earlier.

I’ve been really busy doing a lot of stuff throughout the Chinese New Year celebration, such as: decorating, greeting guests, visiting relatives, receiving red packets, barbecuing... Also, I was doing some hectic calculations to get my net profit for the past few days after deducting the losses incurred from you-know-what.

Aite, lets back to main topic. Living in a small town where tolerance between neighbours is a... erm, tradition. It was supposed to be a wild and noisy bbq party. Good for our neighbours, it didn’t turn out what it supposed to be. Instead we had a nice, sweet and innocent lil party.

The bbq started at about 6pm and ended at midnight with a huge turnout of about forty people. It rained for quite a while, but it didn't wash away our enthusiasm of barbecuing. We grilled, talked and indulged our tummies repeatedly the whole evening. As correctly pointed out by one of my friend, it was an evening with lotsa of classic questions popped out and answered, such as: how’s work or college or school or kindergarten? Some talked about the bullish stock market, while housewives definitely did some talking about recipes and compared their kids. Hmm, as I can see, it was an enjoyable night for all of us, albeit plenty of chickens are now flying without wings. Hopefully, those generous chickens could have their wings grown back by having some extra doses of vitamins. ;p
_

What's your BBQ moment?

A misleading pic. Hehe, we grilled chicken wings, not my lovely cousin.

An 'innocent' outdoor game. ;p

I’m so fortunate that my semester break coincides with the 15-days festival. On the fifth day of the New Year, we went to Penang for the following reasons:

i . To reactivate our tastebuds.
ii. To check out the newly-opened huge Queensbay Mall.
_
A small kid that dwarfed its historical seniors in George Town.
_
Yea, Penang is famous with its own version of Laksa, Prawn Mee, Char Kueh Teow... (I’m sure the list goes on though I couldn’t think of anything else). What I didn’t know was it’s famous for its Ais Kacang as well. *gasp* We had our lunch at a damn crowded coffee shop, Kafe Sin Se Kai (Direct translation: A Whole New World Café). Obviously, it sounds awful. But as long as it serves good food, who cares? =) We stimulated our tastebuds by indulging ourselves with its specialties. The fruity Ais Kacang costs a McFlurry, but three times tastier.
_
The weirdly-named famous Chinese café in Swatow Lane, near Penang Sheraton.

Its splendid Ais Kacang (I think they should have named it Ais Buah-buahan instead).
_
Like many others, we celebrated the Birthday of Jade Emperor on the ninth day of CNY. Oh... btw, I’ve posted some pictures below about that event:
_
With the offerings to the Jade Emperor. ;)

A small gathering in the wee hours after that celebration.
_
That's all for now. Let's hope it's the beginning of a year of happier days for everyone!

Cheers!

4 comments:

hiddenmcky said...

You can never ever esape in"terror"gation by our relatives can we?

Goodness, the classic things they ask us repeatedly.

Btw that fruity ice kacang looks REALLY good! wow! Next time gotta check that place out if ever I stop by Penang.

Daniel S.H. said...

Haha... Btw, i guess that type of in"terror"gation had helped to make it a gathering with unending conversations and laughter. Not so bad afterall. LOL.

Oh... FYI, i'm going Penang again this afternoon... And we gonna stop by Swatow Lane again to stimulate our tongues! Aww~

See ya.

Anonymous said...

Good job, Daniel! Your blog just couldn't stop tickling my laughing bones hhahaha!!!

You are going back to KL soon, in another 1.5 hours. Be good yeah? Take care of yourself over there. Remember, watch what you eat!

Daniel S.H. said...

Haha.. really? Glad that you didn't yawn... LOL!

Btw, don't worry abt me, as i'm pretty good in taking care of myself... -_-

You might wanna check this out, the Singapore Daily Photo:

http://keropokman.blogspot.com

See ya soon... :)

Add to Technorati Favorites