Pit Stop 1: My secondary school.
_
I was supposed to get my Sijil SPM from the office and get rid of the school, but the fond memories of my schooling life prompted me to wonder around the largest school in town, even though the temperature was as high as in Saudi Arabia.
My school had changed in certain aspects. It has a new awful theme of brown and white in some of the main buildings. Sigh, I came to the school at the wrong timing, which was why I met virtually all strangers; none of them were sixth formers. I saw some of my ex-teachers, and the canteen operators. Just as few years back, Mr. Papindar Singh was still wearing a typical red turban. Ms. Rosmawati was still teaching Kemahiran Hidup in a similar tone, at the same lab. Mr. KK Lim looked as strict as last time. The Canteen A operators still struggling to come up with turnaround plan to compete with Canteen B. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, minus a hundred of yawns. Hm, so here you are: Hua Lian revisited...
_
Oh, my big 'brownie'. That's the administration block. The first two floors are offices, while the rest are class rooms. My classes were there for 3 out of 5 years.
A slice of Nature Supreme Pizza, in front of the school hall.
The inner-part, surrounded by hills. It has classrooms, more classrooms, basketball courts, and a better canteen.
Not-so-new-anymore Form Six block under a misleading cloudy sky - it didn't rain.
Hm, does Diamond water help in studies?
I revisited, I snapped, I sweated, I fled. Oh, gosh, I guess global warming is getting more serious. Having a school in the lake garden that surrounded by hills didn't help much. Duh.
_
Pit Stop 2: Taiping Town
Taiping Lake Garden. This picture shows you the evidence of hidro-tropism. =p
On the left is the country's oldest market. On the right is a small food court, Siang Malam - a venue for 'rain-betting' activities.
Theatre Road. Nah, we no longer have theatre or cinema in Taiping, but we preserved the old name of the road. It's a heritage. :)
When my dad was a kid, he used to stay in one of these shop lots in Kota Road.
Kota Road.
St. George's Institution, the alma mater of my daddy and grandpa.
Treacher Methodist Girls School, the alma mater of my mommy.
SM Convent, my sisters' secondary school.
Oh, btw, what makes an ISO-certified school, huh?
Municipal Plaza. It houses the biggest wet market in town, where some housewives gather, gossip every early morning. It's our local version of Wisteria Lane. =p
Taiping Buddhist Temple. It operates a kindergarten which I studied. I met lotsa friends there on Tuesday's Vesak Day.
Beautiful sunset in Kamunting, Taiping.
What drives me? McFlurry! =p
P.s.: Click here for my posting on Taiping food!



5 comments:
dat day tiada masa nak comment on this one.
so now i shall resolve my unfinished business.
I miss taiping loads now thanks to you.
my dad was a st geogian. he told me people would sing "georgie porgie pudding and pie, kiss the girls and make them cry..." =p naughty!
and it is just now that I realise that hua lian is so gigantic. 0.o!
scary
"...when the girls come out and play, georgie porgie run away!" :)
I thought "when the boys come out and play"
if its the girls then the boys got more girls to kiss and make cry =p
makes sense?
LOL, it does make sense, too.
btw, what i thought was, georgie porgie become guilty... so they'll run away immediately.
anyway, kissing unknown girls without a proper reason doesn't make them cry nowadays. i bet girls would slap that boy instead. =p
You are right. The boys now will probably get more than they bargained for.
poor georgie porgie. Lets have mercy on him la, one slap from each girl should be enough =p
Post a Comment